Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Story Maps and Dental Health

It's another wonderful Wednesday here at Glenwood! We have been doing some cool stuff this week that I can't wait to share. Since finding the idea on Pinterest, I have been OBSESSED with story maps. Here is the one we made for The Lorax:
Each story map has the title, author, setting, author's purpose, characters, problem, and solution. Since making the truffula tree version, I have started making story maps for our ABEKA reading stories. Here is the one we made this week for The Old Fisherman:




We have also been learning about dental health this week. I bought some Wisps and we talked about brushing our teeth in the correct way. 





 My students were not impressed with the bubble gum flavor, but we had fun anyway!
We also made a Guess Who! teeth chart. Students had to guess whose teeth belong to who. This was such a fun activity that everyone enjoyed! Some students had trouble picking out their own teeth!

2 comments: