Thursday, February 23, 2012

It's Blooming Synonyms!!

I have been teaching for three years, and from what I can tell, Language is the least liked of all the core subjects. Most of my students LOVE to write, however, when we get down to the nouns, pronouns, subject, and predicate stuff...I would better off asking them to go the dentist. That being said, I have made it my personal mission to make Language fun. This week we have been talking about synonyms, so I thought of a fun Spring activity. We made our synonyms into bright colorful flowers! I gave each student a petal that was divided into four rectangles. At the top of each petal, I wrote one of these 5 words: pretty, smart, big, small, and nice. Everyone that had the same word got into groups. Each group had to think of three synonyms for their word. They wrote each synonym in one of the rectangles then colored and cut out their petal. We put them in the hallway to show off our "skills." Check them out:

No comments:

Post a Comment